Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Rise and Shout the Cougars Are Out! *

I realize I am not the official referee of the internet so I really have no say in this. But I'm saying it anyway... "cougar" is over. I thought we all agreed to this in late 2008 but I've recently found ample evidence to the contrary. Even worse, said evidence is from corporate America, meaning that very soon, your grandma will be saying she's the cougar of her retirement home. Just the thing to ruin family dinner.

Exhibit A: Really, Mark McGrath is back? And he thought this was a good idea for his new album? He does realize he's 41, right? Yes, I had to google him to find out his age, I immediately cleared my browser history and took a hot shower.



Exhibit B: I think this might be the more egregious crime since Courtney is committing a woman-on-woman crime by starring in this. But the most soul-chilling part is that I relate a little bit. Watch at your own peril.


* first line of my college fight song

4 comments:

Desiree said...

It may be sick and wrong, but I laughed so hard at the TV promo!

lenalou said...

Yes, please let "cougar" be over. And yet, I too was guiltily amused by the promo.

Elizabeth said...

Okay, but Busy Phillips is in it! From Freaks and Geeks! Other than that, ewww (lauging on the inside, but with lots of shame.)

Ryan said...

Is Mark McGrath offering himself up as cougar bait? Does he realize you have to be young to attract cougars? I thought he was a pretty smart guy, based on several episodes of Rock n Roll Jeopardy, but this is a horrible blunder. Perhaps he could get together with Courtney and they could commiserate.