Monday, February 13, 2006

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!


I know it's a day early but I want a week of love, not just one day. So here's a conglomeration of things I love.

Portland, always, but especially on a clear day

Chocolate milk

17 weeks till I graduate

Painted bedroom walls

Free music on sixeyes and 3hive

There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread. - Mother Teresa

Fresh oranges

Loving, supportive, smart, and generous friends and parents

The Multnomah County Library

My sewing machine

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. - Buddha

Gift certificates and store credits - like shopping with play money!

Faith, hope, belief, knowledge, and gratitude

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. And try to love the questions themselves. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Postsecret

Long, soul-opening phone calls with friends

Developing a green thumb, slowly but things are blooming

Old family photographs

Mike's Sunday School lessons and knowledge of Hebrew

The second part of a two-parter

My book club

Courage to get through fear and memories of having done so in the past that remind me of my strength.

5 comments:

luminainfinite said...

I like how you are taking a week of love for yourself, just deciding that's how your life is, and making it happen.

I like you.

I love you.

you write important things to me, Thank you.

Love always, and Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!

Love ONE of your Valentines,

Lumina

Tamara said...

I love all these reasons for LOVE!

They all give me more reasons to love you! [as if I needed more...]

:)

paul said...

Happy Valentines Day Ansley, you are such a cool one.

Love you,
Paul

Anonymous said...

You say you love chocolate milk and so do I. In Utah the good stuff is Cream of Weber and Canada has the best called royal oak, except I think they were bought by sealtest which is still very good. Enjoy any of those brands if you're in the neighborhood. They're all better than Oregon chocolate milk.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog very much. You are giving all food for thought.
You are giving me a better look into the wonderful daughter I have.
Thank you!
Love
Dad