Thursday, January 15, 2009

Everybody Reads!

Portland libraries have a yearly project where they pick a book, provide lots of copies, get the local bookstores to sell it at a discount, host book clubs and other events, and write a blog about it. While the idea of a city-wide book club might seem a little utopian even in Portland, in past years I've done this and always enjoyed it. A few years ago, while on jury duty, several other potential jurors were also reading the book and we had a little impromptu book group. Always nice when I find like-minded book nerds. Wondering if you should join in, that all depends on whether you see "Everybody Reads" as a suggestion or a command.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I've loved this in previous years. I expect I will love it this year too!

Desiree said...

That's a fun jury duty story. Cool city.

Anonymous said...

I miss living in Portland - only Portland will do something so wonderful. (sigh)