Monday, June 29, 2009

A Little Night Music

It seems like KaRyn just got home for Korea and she's already on her way to D.C. But she's a smart girl so at her going away party, she asked each of us to bring her a mix CD for her cross-country drive. I've made that drive a few times and it can be dangerously sleep-inducing. Do you remember that VW commercial from a few years ago, with the convertible and Pink Moon by Nick Drake? While I don't recommend too much night driving on long trips,that was the feeling I was going for. Relaxed and happy and hopeful for the future. Well mostly, I might have thrown in more than a few Portland bands so she doesn't forget us. Here's a copy of mine if you want it. (click link to download)



Go On, Say It - Blind Pilot
Paul's Song - M. Ward
Wires - Coconut Records
My America - A Camp
Help I'm Alive - Metric
Rock & Roll - Eric Hutchinson
The Reeling - Passion Pit
White Daisy Passing - Rocky Votolato
Vermont Avenue - Ferraby Lionheart
Hurt Feelings - Flights of the Conchords
You Don't Know Me - Ben Folds featuring Regina Spektor
Dimmer - Bishop Allen
Beat (Health, Life and Fire) - Thao With The Get Down Stay Down
Hearts On Fire - Cut Copy
Airstream Driver - Gomez
Breaking It Up - Lykke Li
All My Days - Alexi Murdoch

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Nice mix! Thanks!

shoppingjordanonline said...

Don't Let Go
Lord you are my strength through the ups && downs. Cheap Coach Handbags
Coach Bags
Coach Outlet
Coach online
cheap Coach purses

You have been there with me from day one and have yet to give up on me....I'm definitely not giving up on you. Satan won't win this. To God be the glory.