Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Unknowingly, I Was Cheech

First, some backstory...I live in an old house that is now split into 4 apartments. My apartment in right by the front door and front porch. My neighbors smoke on said front porch. When they open said front door, I catch a brief whiff of cigarette smoke.

Last night I caught a brief whiff of smoke, but not cigarette smoke, pot. And yep, they were out on the porch. I thought, "Do I say something to them? To the landlord? Do I wait to see if they do it again?"

So today, mid-afternoon, I smelled it again. They weren't outside. I realized I was in the same spot, by my kitchen table, as the last time I smelled the suspicious odor. I looked down on the table, and there, still in the plastic bag, were 3 grapefruit(s?) I bought a few days ago. Yep, they were the culprits. Who knew? I then went to my mom's, took one with me, and she agreed about the smell. And since, before I left, I opened the bag and left them on my table, when I got home, the whole apartment smelled like I had been lighting up.

3 comments:

Sara said...

This just proves that in some ways you are NOT a stereotype.

Tamara said...

I would like some pot with my grapefruit please...

Ninny Beth said...

aren't you sort of relieved that you didn't say something to the smoking neighbors? That could have been tragically funny!