Friday, April 28, 2006

18-Hour, My @$$

Most of my posts have been about events in my life, my thoughts, preferences, nothing too embarrasing, until now...

This morning, close to the end of my 12 1/2 hour shift at the hospital, I felt a weird poke in my side. It took a few seconds to figure out what it was. The underwire in my bra had broken. Now this has happened before as they wear out but usually after going through the wash, never while I was wearing it.

Like most things in life, it could have been worse. The wire could have broken through the fabric and really poked me, it could have happened at the beginning of the shift, I could have had on something other than a big baggy scrub top. And I have to say, it did help wake me up for the last few hours of the shift.

2 comments:

aisy said...

that's never happened to me before, but now i'm kind of sad it hasn't...

Rebus said...

No Kidding! I had a favorite bra in high school that continually accosted me. I kept giving it a second chance but to no avial it finally went too far.

Yeah,sometimes you have to just say no!