Saturday, April 26, 2008

CB2 Wall Lighting

I'm not sure how much longer I want to be a travel nurse and I could see myself staying in Portland. It's intimidating and exciting to think about buying all new furniture. I sold mine before I started this and now my agency finds my apartments and furnishes them. I've never decorated an entire apartment at one time nor had the option of trying to get furniture that all works together and is one style. But I also know I like to get a good deal, have a unique look, and not feel like a room seems straight out of a catalog. So I think I might post more decor ideas here. And here's the first one.

Back in 2001, I spent a few weeks in Europe after getting laid off from my job. In Aix-en-Provence, Laura and I went to a wonderful restaurant. I was about to say we splurged but if I remember correctly, my dad paid for it. Thanks Dad! What I do clearly remember, the main wall was a terra cotta color and had a huge tree painted on it. Then, along the branches, some of the leaves were painted and others were cut into the wall with small candles placed in the open spaces. It was beautiful, all lit up, on a perfect summer night.

CB2 has metal sconces that I love. Several grouped on a wall has a similar effect of lighting the wall.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Ooooo.....pretty!