Saturday, April 26, 2008

When Your Friday Goes Flat

So I had plans for Friday, nothing critical but fun places to go. My car had other ideas. I walked out to a flat tire. My passenger side back tire had been getting low lately and I'd filled it about once a month. But yesterday it was flat! My mom wouldn't let me get my license till I knew how to change a tire and use jumper cables. So remembering a lesson from Young Women's, I changed the tire, complete with jumping on the wrench to loosen the lug nuts. Well, with all the tire filling, I never filled the spare, can you see where this is going? As I started lowering the jack after changing the tire, the spare was flat too. Grrrr! I called Les Schwab, one of my favorite things in OR now, to get a towing company recommendation. But they had a better idea, they just sent out a truck with compressed air to reinflate my tire so I could drive to the store, FOR FREE! I love that place. So yesterday, instead of eating a cupcake while looking at adorable home decor, I was at Les Schwab. I did get to look through a Crate & Barrel catalog and eat some popcorn, good but not quite the same. But I won't complain too much because it happened on Friday - not last Monday as I was driving here or next Monday before my first day of work.

No comments: