Sunday, May 04, 2008

Lilac Festival

On Saturday, Chelsea, Sara, and I went to the Hulda Klager Lilac Festival in Woodland, WA. The grounds are so lovely. There are many varieties of lilacs, some of which we created there, and they all smell delicious. Every shade of purple, burgundy, pink, and white and cute tour guide ladies dressed in the same colors. Plus there were lots of other flowers - magnolias, azaleas, camellias, and my just-discovered favorite, a yellow japanese rose. It was so sunny and bright it just drew me over to it.
After the festival, we stopped at Target for a few things and, of course, ended up wandering around. As we each picked out things we liked, Chelsea kept saying, "That looks very Sara" or "Definitely Ansley." I often feel like I don't know my own style or it's too undefined so I loved having someone with as much style as Chelsea tell me I was wrong.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Don't let Sharon hear about this. She'll sell her hair for a plane ticket to WA. Everyone loves lilacs, but she LOVES them.

Spring in the Northwest is glorious. (Just don't get eaten by any giant rhody bushes.)

Mrs.French said...

ooo, I have not been to this sweet festival you describe here. I need to go! Oh and as far as style goes, judging from your blog, you have a pretty good sense of it!