Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Yearbook Yourself

Remember when yearbook day was the best day of the school year? Or how much fun it was to flip through your parents' old yearbooks?  Yearbook Yourself lets you upload your own photo and see how it would looks from the 1950s through 2000.  I grew up in a very preppy Southern town and have very straight hair that no amount of perming or aqua net could tease big so I missed some of the most cringe-inducing styles.  But this site lets me see what I might have looked like.

8 comments:

Desiree said...

I might try this soon, how funny and so on the mark!

Steve, Kristine, Cole, Kade said...

That was awesome! I cannot believe how real it looks. That was fun to see! Good find!

Jill P. said...

You look fantastic! 1968 is my favorite. The flip is a good look for you. I wasted a good hour yesterday yearbooking myself, Justin and then both my girls after they saw what I was doing. I'm hopefully going to find the time to put them on my blog soon.

Jill P. said...

Oh I almost forgot to add that Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb is also one of my very favorite books and has been ever since I read it a million times to my youngest brother.

Unknown said...

seriously, the 1968 photo of you is the awesomest ever!! wow, too much fun!

Marie said...

You find the best stuff, Ansley. I'm all over this. It will be sad if I end up looking worse in my actual yearbook photo than in any of these. Entirely possible.

I'm so glad that that era of my life is over and I"ve reached the making fun of it stage. I'll take a few gray hairs and wrinkles over teen angst any day.

Emily said...

um okay, I just spent WAY too much time on that site. Too funny :)

Unknown said...

1968 is a winner, The 1964 reminded me of one of my old classmate. DAD