This week marks my last week of this travel assignment. But it also signifies so much more. It's my last travel assignment. I'm staying here so it means I will once again be a Portland resident. It means I will need to buy furniture. But the best thing it means is that I have a new job. I'll be working for Kaiser at an outpatient clinic, seeing a few patients but mostly as a phone advice nurse. It will be so different than what I am used to but I think I will like it. Here's what I know I will like... 9 hour shifts, 4 times a week, no nights, no weekends, no holidays. It has been so nice to already accept invites to things in August and know I can go even though I don't have my schedule. I'm sure my friends have heard it enough (well they probably reached that point several weeks ago) but I am so excited to have no more nights or weekends! To celebrate, the theme this week is all about hospitals, weekends, nights, and holidays.
This week, it's one big mix.
- Lonely Holiday - The Old 97s - No more of these. No working on Thanksgiving and eating cafeteria turkey while everyone else is watching football or asleep on the sofa.
- Goodnight Goodnight - Hot Hot Heat - I plan on having many good nights, and also saying goodnight at a reasonable hour.
- Sleeping Aids and Razorblades - The Exploding Hearts - I have been taking way too much Benadryl. Not sure what to say about the razorblades, maybe if I'm not so tired I won't cut my legs when I shave?
- A Roller Skating Jam Called "Saturdays" - De La Soul - One of the many things I can do on a Saturday since I won't be working.
- Each Coming Night - Iron and Wine - I can look forward to each coming night, I won't be working on any of them.
- Nightswimming - REM - What a fun way to spend a night off.