Monday, July 28, 2008

Music Monday - 7/28/08

This weekend I went to PDX Pop Now and made plans to go to MusicFest NW.  I love Portland for so many reasons and the great music scene is one of the biggest.  But seeing how big it's getting is also worrisome.  Do you remember when MFNW was mostly local bands and a wristband cost about $12?  Well, now they are $50.  This spring, I went to SXSW in Austin.  I don't mean to say I didn't like it, but it is definitely an industry event with lots of private parties.  I guess this post is just to say I hope that doesn't happen in my adopted hometown.

So enjoy a few songs by some of the best that Portland and the Pacific NW has to offer.

Oviedo (mp3) - Blind Pilot - About to start a West Coast tour (on bicycles)
Ragged Wood (mp3) - Fleet Foxes
Those Bold City Girls (mp3) - The Shins
Dashboard (mp3) - Modest Mouse
Noel, Jonah, & Me (mp3) - The Spinanes - The first band I ever wrote a review of in the Student Review, an off-campus college paper.
Wild Mountain Nation (mp3) - Blitzen Trapper
Los Angeles, I'm Yours (mp3) - The Decemberists
Catch Me Jumping (mp3) - The Dimes
Fuel for Fire (mp3) - M. Ward
Evil Bee (mp3) - Menomena
Holland, 1945 (mp3) - Canoe
Between the Bars (mp3) - Elliott Smith

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was totally blaring "Los Angeles, I'm Yours" today while remembering just how much I love the Decemberists.


This is a great list! Why did Elliot have to die so young?!

Sara said...

This is a great list! I think there are only a few that I don't currently own, but now I want to.

jo said...

good list! hi, i found your blog through d'arcy's. i love fleet foxes, they're my current new favorite.