Monday, June 16, 2008

Shopping in the Sunshine

Saturday in Portland was such a perfect day, 70 degrees, sunny, blue skies, cool breeze. I wandered around the Farmer's Market for a bit with my new straw bag (only $2.50 at Target) and new Klean Kanteen water bottle (no BPA's here).
Then I headed over to Belmont. I finally made it to Noun and Saint Cupcake. I think I walked around the store about 5 times because I was overwhelmed by the charm of it all. New items, vintage finds, and beautiful jewelry all mixed so perfectly I almost felt guilty buying anything and ruining the harmony of each grouping. But not too guilty to buy a Pea in a Pod dish set from TAG. I love green and recently decided that it would be my kitchen color. The guy working at Noun was so fun, he loved the set and even wrapped it in green tissue to match.
We also talked about the delicious cupcakes and how Red Velvet is a favorite for both of us. And that's just what I bought and ate on my walk over to Hawthorne.  Such a good area for shopping and people watching.  I found so many things I wanted and even bought a few.  I got my mom this cute little bird to brighten up her home.
I bought myself Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and 101 Kitchens. I've been wanting to read the first one for a while and the last one was only $1 and has so many good ideas for kitchens and source guides for buying.
This trip confirmed that TAG is one of my favorite brands. Unfortunately, their website is wholesale only and finding online stores that carry their products is not easy since "tag" is a popular internet word. This Amazon search is the best I could find.

On the way back to my car, passing all the other people enjoying the day, walking by the gardens at the Sunnyside environmental school and park, I wondered if the day could get any better, and then that's just what it did. Some girls in the park were blowing bubbles and a bunch of them floated across my path.

With a smile on my face, I went home, enjoyed some tomatoes and mozzarella, and went out on my balcony to work on my chair. Hopefully I'll finish it this week.

3 comments:

Mrs.French said...

Sounds like a lovely day! I know that neighborhood well.....

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a fun day! I can't wait to see the chair.

Unknown said...

You SO fit into Portland. You are the model Portlanion citizen!