Thursday, March 09, 2006

Cry Me A River


Last week while making Vietnamese chicken salad for a dinner party (see previous post about that), I had to chop some onions. I'm not sure if it's like this for everyone or I have a bigger reaction to them, but my eyes water and burn A LOT. Running down my cheeks, mascara ruining tears, even if it's just green onions, so little and innocent; aren't they even called spring onions sometimes, deceivingly cute name.

So I had the thought, "When I find the guy I'll marry, I hope he can chop onions." I laughed and thought what a weird request that was in a significant other but it would make life much easier.

So what about you, any weird requests; not things like sense of humor, or a good parent, or spiritual, etc. Random little things you hate to do that would make you so happy if someone under the same roof did them for you?

5 comments:

Tamara said...

I did my science fair project in the sixth grade on onions and crying. Ahhh, the memories...

As far as hopes go: I just want roommates who will clean their own dishes.

Kelly said...

yes....I had thought about this before. I wanted someone that could reach all the stuff in the high cupboards. I even had an "a-ha" moment like you. I was getting an appliance in my old apartment and almost fell off the counter trying to get it down. I thought....I hope I marry someone that can get all this stuff down for me. I did.
I also wanted someone that loves board games....not so much luck with that one.:)

Sara said...

When my sink backs up again (or any plumbing fiasco), I want my husband there to fix it. I am tired of having to try and do it myself.

Ryan Remains said...

Hey, you should light a candle when you chop onions and there is some sort of reaction to the smoke vapor where your eyes don't burn. It's neat!

aisy said...

i heard if you stick a piece of bread in your mouth it's supposed to help. i cry like a baby too...

i really want someone to clean the toilets, and my cheesy one is hoping he'll have dance parties with me in our living room.